Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Not a Creature Was Stirring...

Yikes!  It's been so quiet here!  I'm so sorry about the little hiatus.  We just returned from an absolutely fabulous family vacation filled with sun and water and children and laughter in my beautiful home state of Michigan. 

For the past three years my husband and my daughter and I have gone to the Great White North to visit with my parents, my sisters, and their families.  I actually wound up missing the first year due to work, but have made sure not to miss any others.  Last year and this year both we drove the great distance from DFW to Detroit before making the final journey to the Lake House.

Between all of the little ones running around (most of whom I don't get to see but once a year since we live so far away) and all the catching up we had to do, not to mention the lack of internet and extremely meager mobile phone service, I had to take a vacation from the blog.  I wound up taking a vacation from Scentsy as well.  I was going through withdrawals!  We had to sleep with the windows open so I never even bothered to use my plug-in.  I have to admit, I was quite tempted!  I know I could have made it work, but we weren't inside much and when I did think about it was when we were about to walk out.  My husband turned our warmers on as soon as he walked in the house last night, though!

In any case, I'm back!  A few quick things to note:  BBMB is almost done.  Don't miss out! Cupcake and Happy Birthday are still available at a discount through the end of the month.

Also, I am working on a fundraiser for some friends of mine from college.  They recently gave birth to a beautiful baby boy who just happens to have a heart condition that has required two surgeries so far and will likely require more in the future.  A few of us are trying to raise some money for them to help cover travel and other such expenses.  Any orders placed through this party will be credited to this fundraiser.  All proceeds will be donated to the Rosenthal family to help them through these tough times.

Stay tuned.  August's warmer and scent are in.  Pictures to follow soon.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment